Sunday, August 26, 2012

Concealer Critic: NYX Concealer in a Jar in Orange and Beige Review - My secret to covering very dark under eye circles! (Orange corrector for dark under eye circles)


































Hey guys!
I'm going to be doing another Concealer Critic review, if you haven't done so yet - check out the last review on the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller in Medium/Deep . I have tried many, many concealers and this series involves in depth reviews on them.

I am going to be talking about the NYX Concealer in a Jar in Orange and Beige - these are my secret to counteracting my terrible, terrible dark circles and these concealers are AMAZING. I mentioned these in my July Favorites briefly. Lets get into the review :)


FOR REFERENCE:
I am a MAC NC 40 in the winter NC 42 in the Summer
Revlon Photo Ready in Toast
Maybelline 24 Hr Superstay In True Beige
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Medium Beige
My undertone is yellow and my dark circles are a dark purple shade

NYX Concealer in a Jar in Orange and Beige 7g/0.25 oz

SHADES: The shade selection is awesome. There is a range of light to dark shades as well as correctors. Here is a picture of the shade selection, I got this off the page of the seller that I bought this from (I will get into that later :)
What I love about the shades is that it caters toward both light skin tones and darker ladies. Also, the issue I have with a lot of concealers is that they can be too pink. And for girls with a pink undertone, some concealers can be too yellow for them. These concealers don't have too much of a pink or yellow undertone so it can work for either - this is rare to find.

How does orange correct dark under-eye circles?

The shade I got was Beige and the second shade I got was orange. Why? To correct my dark circles. I didn't believe in colour correcting until I tried this. I have not tried the green/yellow/lavendar correctors which I believe are for pimples etc. Before purchasing this I did some research into this.

The picture to the right is the colour wheel. In order to counter act a colour or correct it, you must use the colour opposite to it. My under eyes are a terrible blue/purple tone so across the wheel is the orange corrector. The same applies to green correcting redness etc. This trick really does work! Its amazing - if you don't believe me check out some YouTube videos. Now, I know this works better for medium-dark ladies, I don't know how it turns out on fairer skin tones so let me know if you try it.

PRICE: $4-8 Depending on where you buy it - I will talk about where I got mine later

THE GOOD:
-The richest, creamiest most moisturising concealer I have ever tried!
-Comes with a lot of product
-Packing is plastic but thick and sturdy - but not bulky like a glass jar so easy for travel
-Medium-full coverage
-Looks flawless and natural
-Blends very easily
-Wide range of shades
-Affordable
-Long-wearing , does not sink into my fine  lines and look cakey by the end of the day

THE BAD:
-There isn't much bad!
-I have dry skin, so I'm not sure how this would perform on oily skin - however it doesn't stay thick and creamy, once you blend it, it dries to a silky semi-matte finish but not overly drying. You will have to set it with powder if you have oily skin
-NYX is not available in all countries  (I have a solution to this though!)

Swatches:


Swatch Test:
So I wanted to show you guys that the colour correcting does work. I will apply the orange corrector on my dark circles and let it sit for a couple minutes and then put on the Beige concealer and it looks flawless!

-I applied some eyeliner first. 
-Next, I put the orange corrector. Look at that coverage, no black is peaking thorugh! 
-Lastly, I added the Beige concealer and took this picture with flash to show the flawless finish with no strange undercast 

CLAIMS: Our Concealer Jars are back and ready to hide the villains of dark circles and blemishes stronger than ever! We supply concealers in all shades with an improved formula providing long-lasting full coverage. A moisture-rich, emollient formula designed to conceal discoloration, dark circles and blemishes. Applied with a brush, the concentrated concealer goes on like a dream.

-->This definitely hides my dark circles. The shade selection is awesome and the coverage is long lasting and does not look cakey at the end of the day. Very moisture rich and can conceal all your problems. This totally goes on a like a dream. It lives up to all its claims.

WHO THIS WILL WORK FOR:
-Ladies of all skintones and all undertones
-Especially will work for ladies looking to hide those dark circles and imperfections
-If you are looking for something creamy and moisturising
-Ladies who won't mind the moisture rich formula

WHO THIS WON'T WORK FOR:
-Anyone who doesn't want an amazing concealer for an amazing price haha!

WHERE TO BUY:
So, I am from Canada and we do have some NYX products in Rexall and other grocery stores but I could not find these concealers. So I surveyed everywhere online and I stumbled upon an amazing eBay store and ended up placing a hugeee order! The store has NYX cosmetics and a lot of other brands not available in every country for amazing prices! The shipping was quick and the products were real and good quality.

Regularly, you can buy one for about $5-6 in stores or on other sites, but on the ebay store I found you can buy two for 8.20

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_item=190655957386&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

Or 3 for 12.55
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_item=281005370933&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

Or 6 for 21.84
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_item=251201975663&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

The more you buy, the cheaper one becomes. I bought 5 and my friends and I split it. The seller ships to a lot of countries and does discounted shipping. I might do a haul of the other things I got so look out for that.
I thought it was an awesome deal and wanted to share with you guys :) (Btw, you can use a Canadian ebay account on ebay.com)

VERDICT:
I love this concealer! I use this almost everyday and I will even use it as a browbone highlight because it doesn't dry up and accentuate the fine hairs on your browbone like other concealers. This is amazing and I recommend all of you to buy this! You will love it I promise :) This is also supposed to be a dupe for MAC Studio Sculpt and I totally agree - it's actually better!

Any questions/comments you can leave below or contact at missbeyondbeauty1@gmail.com,

Love,
Miss Beyond Beauty

5 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC review!!!! Whew! So thorough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Really appreciate your kind words xo

      Delete
  2. Great review! I want to try these two shades. What are other shades available?
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is an old blog, but thank you, thank you, thank you for this review. I have been looking for months (and spending $$$) trying to find the right concealer/coverage. This blog made my search much easier! Hooray to you for saving my day!

    ReplyDelete