Thursday, August 16, 2012

Concealer Critic: Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller in Medium/Deep Review




Hey guys! So I'm going to be starting a new series where I review all the concealers I tried, good and bad. I don't own a massive amount of makeup, but majority of it is concealers.
Why? Because I have absolutely horrendous dark circles with fine lines and I'm a tan skin tone - making it even harder to find concealers that will cover up these bad boys. Basically, I've tried a lot of concealers out there and I want to help you pick the perfect one and save your money!

FOR REFERENCE:
I am a MAC NC 40 in the winter NC 42 in the Summer
Revlon Photo Ready in Toast
Maybelline 24 Hr Superstay In True Beige
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Medium Beige
My undertone is yellow and my dark circles are a dark purple shade

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller in Medium/Deep 0.50 fl oz:

SHADES: 2 shades available, Light and Medium/Deep

PRICE: $8-$14 (depends on country and sale)

THE GOOD:
-Nice packaging, slim bottle can fit in purse
-The applicator is a metal ball that has a cooling effect, this might help with puffiness
-The formula is very lightweight
-The finish is matte
-Light and natural looking

THE BAD:



Alright, when I first swatched this it seemed nice. It has a cooling effect and the consistency is very thin but pigmented.



As I let it sit for 10-15 seconds it begins to settle and turn into a terrible pink/gray color. I would not let this sit, I would blend in quickly or else it'll become a strange consistency.The consistency becomes kind of dry/dewy feeling that is not very blendable.


With flash

Yuck. This is how it looks when blended out - and this is why I absolutely hate this stuff and do not use it. It shows up pink/gray and literally makes my dark circles look even worse.


Without flash

 If you are tan with a pink undertone, this concealer may work for you. I'm not sure - however, most tan ladies have a yellow undertone. Now, on to the next question..does it cover terrible dark circles?





So I did a swatch test. I swatched some brown/purple eyeliner lightly on my hand to see how well this covered. The middle picture was the first layer, I actually added a tad bit more and the last pic is about how much coverage I got. Not too bad for such a light weight concealer.


CLAIMS: 1- eye care with caffeine to hydrate and refresh; 2- tinted mineral pigments to instantly cover dark circles. The combination in a cooling roll-on applicator works wonders! It’s ideal for a gentle, hygienic application in the sensitive eye area and the non-messy roll-on applicator is convenient for use on-the-go

-->Hydrate and refresh? I guess the cooling effect might help the puffiness in the morning. I'm not sure about the instantly covering dark circles claim. It is gentle but if you let it dry for 10 seconds, you will have a hard time blending this out. The applicator is not too messy, but if you can see in the first picture at the top of this post, the cap and applicator is quite dirty and I never use this.

WHO THIS WILL WORK FOR:
-I'd say ladies with PINK undertones only.
-The light shade would probably work until NC 20-25. The medium/deep shade would probably work up until NC 35 and maybe NC40 if your not too tanned and you have a pink undertone.
-Someone with moderate to no darkness under there eyes. If you just have slight puffiness and darkness this would work
-Normal to Combination skin

WHO THIS WON'T WORK FOR:
-Yellow undertoned ladies this is a big NO NO
-NC 42 and beyond
-Someone with bad to severe darkness under their eyes
-Ladies who prefer thick, hydrating concealers
-Someone with dry skin and fine lines under their eyes

WHERE TO BUY:
If this is something that you think will work for you, you can get this at most drugstores. If your in Canada this is pretty expensive, I've seen it for $15 regular price some places. Put in $3 and you can get a MAC concealer lol. I got it for about $10 on sale. If your in the USA, you can probably find this for cheaper.
But an alternative if you don't want to hunt a sale is getting it online:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_uq=Garnier+Skin+Renew+Anti-Dark-Circle+eye+Roller&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

VERDICT:
I really don't care for it as I've explained above. It was really hyped on Youtube so I bought it. I will not repurchase. I really don't know what to do with it sitting around.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my in depth review. I'll review another concealer soon. Comment below if you have any questions/requests or contact me at missbeyondbeauty1@gmail.com :)
Love,
Miss Beyond Beauty



No comments:

Post a Comment